Yes, homemade peppermint patties, stepped up with some Kahlúa Peppermint Mocha. I know—crazy awesome. Imagine having these little bites with a mug of hot chocolate stepped up with a little shot of peppermint Kahlúa.
What’s even more awesome, this homemade candy doesn’t require any boiling sugar or candy thermometer. In fact these are so easy to make, you can throw them together for a party or give them as gifts this year.
Just don’t forget the Kahlúa mix. The idea for this was inspired by my love for all things peppermint and all things Kahlúa. So you can imagine when I found out Kahlúa came out with this peppermint mix, my mind went into overdrive.
I have so many ideas that I need to get to, but one thing at a time and I’m starting with this one first. And the next one using this mix—shriek—I can’t wait to share it. I’m fine tuning it now, but trust me when I say it’s going to be a holiday show stopper.
For more recipe ideas and inspiration don’t forget to check out Kahlúa’s various social channels below:
Kahlúa Peppermint Patties
Yield: Makes 21 1 ¼ and 1 ½ inch patties
- 2 ½ cups confectioners’ sugar
- 2 tablespoon unsalted butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons Kahlúa Peppermint Mocha
- 2 tablespoons Andes Peppermint Crunch Baking Chips
- 7 oz. chocolate (your preferred kind and brand)
- Combine sugar and butter and mix to combine, either by hand or using a stand mixer or hand mixer. Add in the Kahlúa Peppermint Mocha and mix to combine. Lastly mix in the Andes.
- Transfer the mixture onto a countertop and knead by hand to bring mixture together. Roll mixture out to a 1/8inch thick and stamp out circles; alternately, you can roll the dough into a log of your preferred diameter and slice. Transfer cutouts or slices to a parchment lined bakesheet and freeze for about 2 hours or until solid.
- Place chocolate in a microwave safe bowl and heat in 30 second bursts, mixing in between until chocolate is melted. Remove peppermint patties from the freezer and dip into melted chocolate. Store finished patties between sheets of parchment in an airtight container, chilled. Patties will keep for three weeks. Bring to room temperature prior to serving.