I know I can’t be the only one to have a family of virtually non-dessert eaters. With that, birthdays become more of a challenge. Thankfully, Matt does have a few cakes he will eat, but even with those he will only have one slice. As for my little guy—he is a cake hater. Yup, hater.
No cake, no cupcake and no frosting. His last birthday was a a Krispy Kreme Donut cake. And before that, he just wanted pumpkin muffins. Muffins—yeah! Gah, right?
And while his birthday is a half year away, he is already planning it. Yes, you guessed it, his birthday is a big deal—at least it is for his 7-year-old world. It’s so much so, that we’ve now taken to celebrating half birthdays. A phenomenom I wasn’t aware of until I had him.
To make sure his upcoming birthday is a a huge hit for him, I’ll be making these Candy Bar Cookie Pops from Betty Crocker (well, minus the sprinkles, since he doesn’t like sprinkles either?!). And while he hates cake, he loves cookies—and, how perfect are these with their bright and festive finish.
The best part is they are a cinch to make and start with Betty Crocker’s chocolate fudge box mix. From there I stuffed them with chocolate caramel candy since he loves textured food like I do. I love how this is a no-stress, low maintenance, easy-to-make recipe. Yay, to that!
This will allow me enjoy his party to the fullest rather than fretting over the dessert, food or any other details. Speaking of party details, don’t forget to check out my post here for a few easy tips on how to plan a stress-free party.
Because let’s all remember parties meant to be fun, not stressful. Along with that, it’s not about showing off your baking skills, but rather using your skills to to make celebratory food for everyone.
And yay to that! So join me and let’s Get Your Betty On! For more ideas and inspiration, check out the following Betty Crocker resources:
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/bettycrocker
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/BettyCrocker
- Instagram: www.instagram.com/bettycrocker
- Pinterest: http://www.pinterest.com/bettycrocker/
- YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/BettyCrockerTV
- Brand Website: www.bettycrocker.com
- Birthday Hub: www.bettycrocker.com/birthdays
Candy Bar Cookie Pops
Yield: 28 servings
- 4 fun-size milk chocolate-covered candy bars with chewy caramel and crispy crunchies (from a 12.5-oz bag)
- 28 craft sticks (flat wooden sticks with round ends)
- 1 box Betty Crocker™ SuperMoist™ chocolate fudge cake mix
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil or melted butter
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar or Betty Crocker™ candy sprinkles
- Preparation: Heat oven to 350°F (325°F for dark or nonstick cookie sheet). Line cookie sheet with foil. Cut each candy bar in half crosswise. Poke craft stick into side of each.
- In large bowl, mix cake mix, oil and egg with spoon until dough forms. For each cookie pop, form 1 rounded tablespoonful of dough into a ball; flatten in palm of hand, and place candy on top. Form dough around candy, sealing well. Roll in powdered sugar to cover completely. Place 2 inches apart on cookie sheet.
- Bake 11 to 13 minutes or until set. Cookie will appear moist in the cracks. Let cool on cookie sheet 2 minutes. Remove from cookie sheet to cooling rack. Cool completely, about 30 minutes.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Betty Crocker . The opinions and text are all mine.